Movies you need to watch

Posted by Charlie Mike 
March 28, 2011 04:25PM
#   Quote
Admin

Since our household has come down on hard times, we canceled cable and got netflix. This opened me to some independent films that I had wished I'd seen earlier.

Generation RX *** Good One!
The One Percent
Day Zero
The Cartel
Homo Toxicus
Collapse
The Conspiracy To Rule The World: From 911 to the Illuminati
Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy *** Good One!

List is subject to change...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
April 01, 2011 04:54PM
#   Quote

Check out PowWow Highway
August 16, 2011 08:22PM
#   Quote

Can I add a couple?

2A For the USA

Innocents Betrayed

Oh and Red Dawn is a good one........

And here's my favorite "judge show" online-

Freedom Watch With Judge Andrew Napolitano

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”
-Ayn Rand

Irrefutable FACT: Governments with a monopoly on the use of force -enabled by weapons control laws- murdered 170 million people in the 20th century alone.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 01:03AM by Kalashnikov Josh.
August 18, 2011 11:25AM
#   Quote
Admin

Some of these may be available on Veehd.com - You need DivX Player (which can be lousy at times) for most... plus you need to register in order to watch most things there lately. It seems like they have a stupid advertisement that tells you that you need a special codec to watch the flicks, which isn't really the case. Its just an advert but when you sign in, the advert goes away and you can watch.

I know there are other places where you can watch some of these, but I find that VeeHD has the bandwidth to watch nearly anytime of the day versus only at night. Note: This isn't a shameless plug, its just a thought/recommendation.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
SOA
August 25, 2011 01:07PM
#   Quote

wow other than Red Dawn havent seen any of these!

Got my home work ahead of me!
October 16, 2011 12:18PM
#   Quote

Did you guys know they're making a new red dawn?
October 16, 2011 12:36PM
#   Quote

Yeah, we were talking about it, I think last year? And that they changed the
invasion force from the ChiComs to someone more politically correct after they
finnished filming! That's gotta be expensive!
October 16, 2011 02:28PM
#   Quote

A couple of others I didn't see mentioned

We were Soldiers
Patriot

I thought Band of Brothers thumbs up was one of the all time greats

I could watch Red Dawn a few more times smiling smiley, glad to hear about an updated remake

“Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience.” ~ John Locke
October 16, 2011 03:00PM
#   Quote

OntheRise
Did you guys know they're making a new red dawn?

They actually filmed most of it in my area, like, hmmm 2-3 yrs ago. Did some filming at the old k-mart hq in the city I work ems in. We had a picture of some of their tanks with one of our ambulances in the crew lounge for awhile.

They did change out the chicoms for n. koreans. I hear it is getting closer to release. The orig. studio? went through bankruptcy but apparently issues have been resolved. I can't wait to check it out.
October 19, 2011 11:19AM
#   Quote
Admin

Band of Brothers was my unit. Not E company (we had HHC and A-C) but still the mighty 502nd INF!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
November 28, 2011 09:15PM
#   Quote

A few more to add...

The Road
Blackhawk Down
Platoon
November 28, 2011 09:32PM
#   Quote

Charlie Mike
Since our household has come down on hard times, we canceled cable and got netflix. This opened me to some independent films that I had wished I'd seen earlier.

Generation RX *** Good One!
The One Percent
Day Zero
The Cartel
Homo Toxicus
Collapse
The Conspiracy To Rule The World: From 911 to the Illuminati
Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy *** Good One!

List is subject to change...

If you liked Collapse, look for The Crude Awakening, The End of Suburbia and The End of America.

Netflix used to really ROCK! Lately its been up and down. I still think it is worth the price. I dumped my dish. We have more content than we could ever watch.

Are you streaming or streaming and DVD rental? If you have DVD rental as well get Phase 7.
Phase 7 has sub titles, but it is worth watching, especially if you are a "prepper".
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 09:34PM by LastStraw.
December 03, 2011 02:59PM
#   Quote

No one mentioned Full Metal Jacket, or Siege of Firebase Gloria. Awesome movies.

My personal faves; Kentucky Fried Movie, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, Amazon Women on the Moon, Cannibal Women in the Avocado Rainforest of Death, Toxic Avenger, Airplane, Blazing Saddles, Cannibal the Musical, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, Crippled Masters, Vulgar the Clown and anything else by View-a-Skew.

l know. l'm a sick puppy.drinking smiley
December 05, 2011 06:37PM
#   Quote

BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience

It is about a 12 minute documentary.
December 11, 2011 12:16AM
#   Quote

thats a good movie
December 23, 2011 07:52AM
#   Quote

Here is an interesting movie "The Wave" It is a German movie with sub-titles. A project week in a class. Could a dictatorship happen again in Germany? The class said never again here. And you can see they feel blamed for the actions of their countrymen and they believe that it could not.

"Remember boys, flies spread disease, so keep yours closed."

George Luz Easy Company imitating Major Horton
February 02, 2012 12:57AM
#   Quote

I can always watch 1984 again.

Just watched Red State... strange movie.

Patton... nothing to do with current times, but Gen. G. Patton was probably the greatest fucking American that lived since George Washington died and I like watching that shit and believing that's how he might have rolled. The guy genuinely believed he was Julius Caeser and Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated... and he might have been right. You just have to be born that bad ass if you ask me.

Idiocracy. It's a crude comedy, but the recurring social commentary it's built on has some (many) truths.
March 04, 2012 09:34PM
#   Quote

Have you all seen Das Boot? Long movie but it tells a good story.

- The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
- If you have nothing worth dying for, you have nothing worth living for.
March 04, 2012 10:13PM
#   Quote
Admin

Same with Dune.

[www.youtube.com]
March 04, 2012 10:46PM
#   Quote

Saw Das Boot in the theater when it was released! Always liked it!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 10:46PM by ENblock.
April 18, 2012 03:25PM
#   Quote

LongKnife
A few more to add...

The Road
Blackhawk Down
Platoon

The Road has to be one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen but it shows the gritty reality if that situation were to unfold....brutally honest. Post-Apoc movie currently in my DVD player...The Book of Eli

The oppressed are allowed once every couple of years to decide which particular Representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them, but be warned...the nature of your oppression is the aesthetic of our anger!
The Envy of Excellence leads to Perdition...the Love of it Leads to the Light.
April 18, 2012 03:25PM
#   Quote

ENblock
Saw Das Boot in the theater when it was released! Always liked it!

EN...your showing your age again!

The oppressed are allowed once every couple of years to decide which particular Representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them, but be warned...the nature of your oppression is the aesthetic of our anger!
April 18, 2012 05:01PM
#   Quote

Oh come on, 1981 is that long ago! Is it?
April 18, 2012 07:08PM
#   Quote

Chesh
I can always watch 1984 again.

Just watched Red State... strange movie.

Patton... nothing to do with current times, but Gen. G. Patton was probably the greatest fucking American that lived since George Washington died and I like watching that shit and believing that's how he might have rolled. The guy genuinely believed he was Julius Caeser and Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated... and he might have been right. You just have to be born that bad ass if you ask me.

Idiocracy. It's a crude comedy, but the recurring social commentary it's built on has some (many) truths.

LOL idiocracy was funny. Unfortunately it has a pro-eugenics undertone to it.
April 19, 2012 11:02AM
#   Quote

ENblock

HAHA..my bad EN, I thought Das Boot was a 60's flick!!

April 19, 2012 01:44PM
#   Quote

I did see ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST in the theater back in 1968! Dose that count?
That was a weird movie to see being a 9 year old! LOL!
April 19, 2012 02:20PM
#   Quote

probly a black and white film....LOL

Jdog " NOT ONE MORE INCH "
April 19, 2012 02:22PM
#   Quote

ENblock

in 1981 i was getting das boot up my ass from one prick of a drill instructer or three...LOL

Jdog " NOT ONE MORE INCH "
May 06, 2012 09:44AM
#   Quote

New here, but one of my all time fav's is April Morning, you might think it is old fashioned and not relevant to our time. The weapons are 237 years old, but I think the concepts underlying the tactics from 1775 are still valid: Officer's gorgets make fine targets, just as UN Blue Helmets stand out.
May 06, 2012 10:05AM
#   Quote

I agree!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!