Suggestion Box

Posted by alias1776 
July 04, 2010 03:24PM
#   Quote
Admin

Still getting a swirling thingy saying Loading Image in one of my more recent posts:
[www.threepercenter.org]

Also getting the same forbidden page every time I post.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 03:26PM by Charlie Mike.
July 04, 2010 03:34PM
#   Quote
Admin

Just took care of the image loading problem.. Still working on the other one though. Its weird... Things that work should just continue to work lol.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
July 04, 2010 03:57PM
#   Quote
Admin

Still trying to figure it out but I have to take off for a while. If I can't get it resolved tonight I'll do a clean install of the board to see if that helps (Don't worry, all the information on it will still be here.. just fresh files).

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
July 04, 2010 04:08PM
#   Quote
Admin

Did a quick redirect for now.. should keep things "going" until I get time to resolve the issue.

July 04, 2010 05:41PM
#   Quote
Admin

Everything seems to be working fine now!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
July 04, 2010 09:08PM
#   Quote

Thanks for your help! I too statred having problems a day or so ago, but realized my posts were getting on. (I think)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 09:09PM by parnelli.
July 05, 2010 11:07AM
#   Quote

Gonna do a test post here
July 05, 2010 11:09AM
#   Quote

LOL OK it actually took like it posted and returned me to the home page, showing I was the last poster, however, coming back into this thread and my post is not here.
July 05, 2010 11:11AM
#   Quote

LOL OK, I'm a dumb ass.............who'da thunk there was a page 2 here grinning smiley

Looks like I'm good to go, thanks Alias thumbs up
July 07, 2010 10:48PM
#   Quote
Admin

LOL Sail Man -- You don't know how many extra test posts I did because of page two (but deleted them). The problem itself is still there... I just redirected all 403 (forbidden) errors to the homepage. I just haven't had the time to sit down and really figure out whats going on. Soon it should be fixed.. or at least a better redirect in which the redirect will just put you back on the page where you just made your post. For now, all seems to be ok thumbs up

July 11, 2010 03:31PM
#   Quote

I'm starting to notce page screen are getting broken up again after people post
Pix with them?
July 14, 2010 12:26AM
#   Quote
Admin

Its the size of the pictures, they should float to the right over the borders but arn't... It'll get fixed soon though.

March 04, 2011 03:51PM
#   Quote
Admin

I forgot to mention that the above has been corrected (a WHILE ago now lol).

Anyway, 765 users in total so far.

May 09, 2011 10:51PM
#   Quote

Maybe group all the groups under one group, so you have the option of seeing the most recently updated posts?
May 13, 2011 04:00PM
#   Quote
Admin

notimportant
Maybe group all the groups under one group, so you have the option of seeing the most recently updated posts?

Actually I was thinking something along these lines... a separate page though that would list all the newest posts in order. Its an add-on already created for this forum software, and it could be useful. At least for me since I don't get to get on as often as I wish I could. I'm sure others might find it useful too lol.

Its probably not EXACTLY what you meant (or maybe it is?) but I hope its close.

May 20, 2011 12:40PM
#   Quote

Actually, that is exactly what I meant, lol.
EDIT: I don't know if you have the resources at this point, but a chat room might be something to look into.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 06:20PM by notimportant.
February 04, 2012 10:44AM
#   Quote

I need a suggestion! How do I post pictures and videos from my Droid now you no longer
provide an attachment function on the threads?
February 05, 2012 11:54PM
#   Quote
Admin

ENBlock, are your pictures on Picasa? If not, just upload them to imagshack.us and use the image link they provided. If your on picasa, I think you can select the URL to each image (If I remember correctly).

The icon next to the link icon in the text editor has a little picture of mountains and a little sun in the bg, click that and paste the link to the image or type [ img ]paste url to image.jpg/gif or what not[ /img ] -- Of course you'd leave out the spaces between the brackets. The image will appear and should auto-scale up to a certain size... + a link to the original.

Eventually, attachments will come back. Just not yet lol

February 06, 2012 01:04AM
#   Quote
Admin

Speaking of pictures... feel free to check out my photobucket...

[s1178.photobucket.com]

[www.youtube.com]
February 06, 2012 06:38AM
#   Quote

alias1776
ENBlock, are your pictures on Picasa? If not, just upload them to imagshack.us and use the image link they provided. If your on picasa, I think you can select the URL to each image (If I remember correctly).

The icon next to the link icon in the text editor has a little picture of mountains and a little sun in the bg, click that and paste the link to the image or type [ img ]paste url to image.jpg/gif or what not[ /img ] -- Of course you'd leave out the spaces between the brackets. The image will appear and should auto-scale up to a certain size... + a link to the original.

Eventually, attachments will come back. Just not yet lol

I've been trying the Picasa function/app, but having trouble with it requiring me
to go through a sign in name and pass word process for each and every picture!
I managed to get uploads in two separate attempts, but haven't been able to
figure out how to get them on to the threads?

Your second suggestion was my first attempts, but couldn't get it to do anything? I'd touch
those codes, and nothing would happen!

I guess I'll go to Version and see if there can figure it out?
February 06, 2012 07:01PM
#   Quote

CM- I'm digging on these-

Oh and my suggestion- get rid of the spam code stuff?

Give more users mod privileges and nuke the spam that way.

some of these dudes have some serious computer skills........make them "technical mods" or something,if they'll have it,and let them nuke the spammers.

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”
-Ayn Rand

Irrefutable FACT: Governments with a monopoly on the use of force -enabled by weapons control laws- murdered 170 million people in the 20th century alone.
February 06, 2012 07:42PM
#   Quote
Admin

Shit is shifting into high gear at the Freeman garage!

[www.youtube.com]
February 07, 2012 04:12PM
#   Quote
Admin

LoL not a bad idea KJ.

ENBlock, try pasting the code in general instead of looking at the buttons. maybe its something to do with the Android browser.

++ I was going to attempt to move the CAPTCHA stuff into JUST the login page and away from posts. Just haven't gotten to it yet lol

February 07, 2012 06:36PM
#   Quote

LOL! That was one of the first things I tried with no success!

I even took the Droid to a Verizon store to see if they could figure it out, but even
they were stumped! The gave me a tech support phone number to call! LOL!
February 07, 2012 09:00PM
#   Quote
Admin

I use the Dolphin Mini browser on my DROID phone.

[www.youtube.com]
February 09, 2012 09:54AM
#   Quote
Admin

ENBlock - I'd try what Charlie Mike uses.. Maybe it'll work (and who knows, maybe it'll be faster/better than built-n).

February 09, 2012 11:03AM
#   Quote

Yeah I did, but I was having trouble navigating all the hopes!

I called the tech help phone number the Verizon store gave me and they had no
answer for me either! They said it's probably do to the fact that I bought the
original Droid back in 09, so it's technology doesn't accommodate that function!

So it looks like I'm screwed until I buy one of the new G4 smart phones?
February 09, 2012 10:52PM
#   Quote
Admin

Hopefully you can just get a new one when your contract comes back up? Unless you have some soft of insurance on the phone.. *cough* lol

I think the new ones can be pretty expensive.. not sure though. Lots of them get subsidized by the telco so they don't hurt the wallet so much. As far as versions go.. its hard to keep up! New one every year is a bit munch.

February 10, 2012 08:23PM
#   Quote

LOL! The chick from Version told they typically roll out a new product every 6-weeks!

My my 2-year contract ran out last November! I'm stalling to wait for the new replacement
of the new 4G Droid Razor Max that version says will be coming out in a couple of months!
February 11, 2012 10:42AM
#   Quote
Admin

I think the new phone will have a "FULL" browser packaged inside so you'll DEF. enjoy the web a whole lot more!

Its amazing how far these devices have come -- I'm personally not tethered to my cell (its for emergencies LOL) but just about everyone I know is.. and one friend in particular uses his phone every moment there is time.. usually watching a sporting event *live* or random youtube videos that make everyone look.... especially the older generation that might not be used to hearing some of the stuff lol. Anyway, he has a recent 4G razor and it does next to everything. I'm sure the next model will be even better... Just try to remember there are living people outside of your phone! LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!